Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Day Z Mod

Day Z Mod 6 years 8 months ago #397194

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Day Z
A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease. Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
Free Alpha Download on the official site.[youtube]A7Q8c8jnL3s[/youtube]This game makes me wish that I had a more decent PC NOW. I’m all into The Walking Dead at the moment and this game, more than any other Zombie game made so far, resembles The world of TWD through it’s game play. I mean you go alone in the world or join up with other players, make real life choices one the fly like you would do in real life (don’t like a fellow player you don’t know that you happened to come across? Kill him and take his/her supplies, or join up to survive together!)Really wish I could try it out but wanted to pass it on to you guys.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Day Z Mod 6 years 8 months ago #397196

I bought Arma 2 a couple weeks ago for this and I have yet to get into a server yet. I think I'll wait until the game is a little further along.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Day Z Mod 6 years 8 months ago #397197

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
now that I have a PC that can run ARMA2 I'll be installing this, I've had Arma 2 a little after release and the game is so damn demanding lol, but it's awesome. I'll make some videos if you guys want to join in.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Day Z Mod 6 years 8 months ago #397204

• BGriff07
  • Level 8
Hoping for at least a 75% off sale of Arma 2 CO on Steam during the summer sale so I can join in.
[gamercard]B Griffith[/gamercard] [psnid]B_Griffith[/psnid]

Day Z Mod 6 years 7 months ago #397345

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
So for the people who have played it is it worth it?I am split on getting Arma 2 for this mod or max payne 3.

Day Z Mod 6 years 7 months ago #397348

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
I really want to get into this. One question though, do the zombies run?I know, I know, it's about the interaction with the other players that make this game what it is (which seems like a blast and a half) and you probably don't see that many zombies at all but if they run... I am going to pass.(shrug) What can I say... Zombies Don't Run!
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Day Z Mod 6 years 7 months ago #397349

• True
  • Stage A - 1
SageClaw;397348 wrote:
I really want to get into this. One question though, do the zombies run?I know, I know, it's about the interaction with the other players that make this game what it is (which seems like a blast and a half) and you probably don't see that many zombies at all but if they run... I am going to pass.(shrug) What can I say... Zombies Don't Run!
I totally agree with you on that Sage. The Zombies in this game not only run, but they run ridiculously FAST! and won't stop chasing you even for miles! This is from videos I've watched on youtube. That's the only (big) drawback of it for me.

Day Z Mod 6 years 7 months ago #397351

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
Just got it a few hours ago im shitting my pants from all the LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Day Z Mod 6 years 7 months ago #397353

The Zombies do run very fast if you are drawing agro. However if you go up / down hills they slow down. Also going in buildings the Zombies slow down (walk). I've been playing for a couple of months and haven't really had much in game lag.
PSN:TukkerIntensityXBL:TuckerIntensity

It's been comfirmed! 6 years 7 months ago #397362

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Zombie Survival Game 'DayZ' will be a standalone game!Source: IGN.comThis game just blew up soo fast! Sadly I have yet to try it out.
  • Page: