Forum

TOPIC: City of Heroes is going F2P.

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 9 months ago #395910

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
I think it is pretty smart for them, there will still be a payment based subscription that gets more benefits. Also there are some restrictions on the free side, but still if anyone has been curious about the game at all soon you can get it for free.http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/freedom/freedom_overview.phpThey haven't really given a date, but I'm guessing by the end of September this change will take place, maybe even mid-September.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 9 months ago #395911

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
I actually kind of want to start playing this again, I had a month free when it first came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Need to put the new rig to use once it's built too.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 9 months ago #395915

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Cool, I'll try it out. I'm hoping to build a new comp. soon.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 9 months ago #395916

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Honestly (IMO) this game has gotten so much better since the NCSoft and Cryptic split. From being able to change the color of your powers, to even changing some of the animations, filling in missions (quests) in some leveling ranges, and then changing the leveling curve from 25-40 I think made all the difference.For me though being able to switch sides is the best. I was never really into the villain side and bringing my Mastermind hero side has been so enjoyable.

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 7 months ago #396001

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
It is officially F2P as of this morning from what I read. I am a subscriber though so I am not 100% sure because I can't try it out that way, but according to the update on my launcher it should be good to go.My global is Tulare in the game.

City of Heroes is going F2P. 7 years 7 months ago #396004

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Tulare;396001 wrote:
It is officially F2P as of this morning from what I read. I am a subscriber though so I am not 100% sure because I can't try it out that way, but according to the update on my launcher it should be good to go.My global is Tulare in the game.
Sweet, thanks for the update.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo